The Rațiu Foundation offers grants to Romanian students interested in studying in the UK. Priority is given to studies in the fields of social sciences, human rights, politics, government, economics, business studies, journalism, and heritage. The grants enable talented graduates and young professionals to become familiar with the UK and gain skills which they will further implement or replicate in Romania.
The Ratiu Foundation also offers seed funding for innovative projects in Romania which foster Romanian civil society, democracy, human rights and protection of the environment.
Submissions are welcomed twice yearly, prior to January 15th and August 15th.
Applications are done online, in English, using the forms available on the website. Prior to filling in the application forms, kindly review the Guidance section at the end of every document. Answers to your funding requests will be provided in a maximum of 60 working days after the application deadline.
A typical successful applicant would be:
- A graduate with proven academic skills.
- Committed to return to Romania and contribute to the socio-economic development of the country through implementing the new skills and knowledge acquired in the UK.
- Established in a career, with a track record of excellence and achievement, and the prospect of becoming a leader in his/her chosen field.
- Have a clear idea how their grant will benefit their country on their return.
- Have good English Language skills, as most UK Higher Education Institutions require a minimum IELTS of 6.5 for admission onto Postgraduate courses.
Please note the Rațiu Trustees will need to be satisfied that you are able to fully fund your course of studies before the The Ratiu Foundation will release the requested funds to your bank account in the UK (for living expenses) or to the university account (for tuition fees).
Time to next submission